Wednesday, September 28, 2011

{ Planning } The Wedding Party


I'll admit that I have been the girl who has been planning her bridal party for years. Ok, maybe not seriously, but I think this is something many girls daydream about.

Carl and I wanted a small, meaningful wedding party. We wanted those who were closest to us to share in celebrating our day by standing for us at our wedding. By all means, we wanted to avoid this:

Image Source / Fan Pop

Early on, I sent an introduction email out to the girls, so that everyone could get to know one another. I'm going to cheat a little and reiterate a bit of that email for this post.

Chrissy is my Matron of Honor and we have known each other for almost 14 years. At least since homeroom in 8th grade. Isn’t that a little freaking to think about? Chrissy has always been a wonderful friend to me and we have stayed close, even through all of life’s changes throughout those 14 years, including high school, college, marriage and baby Tegan!

Sarah is my second cousin and the biggest sweetheart in the entire world. Sarah and I have always had a really special bond. I call her my sister-cousin, and for good reason. She’s fun, funny, and my partner in crime (especially while growing up and playing make-believe at the cabin!) Sarah is an extroverted version of me, and I love any time I get to spend with her.

Stacey is also a close friend of mine. I have known Stacey through my brother since high school, but we also worked together for five years, mostly just drawing cartoons for each other on our long Sundays in the summer. Stacey has been a very and honest, true friend to me over the years and even though we don’t see each other as often as we used to, I’m always glad that we’re still close. I know I can count on her honesty for just about anything from fashion to the big picture things in life.

Samantha will be our awesome Groomslady! Samantha is a long time dear friend of Carl’s and I love her to pieces, too! I have to say that I know the least about Samantha, but have enjoyed the time I have gotten to spend with her during visits to New York quite a bit. I’m looking forward to lots more…

Asking each of them was really exciting. I knew I had to ask them each in person (Carl actually asked Samantha). I wanted to see their reactions and have that memory.

I  left asking the guys up to Carl... which was easy -- He asked his best friend Matt to be his Best Man. After a few weeks of trying to ask my brother (and, I'll admit, my nagging Carl to get on with it and ask him cause I was anxious to have him be a part of it all)... I ended up asking him on the was to a Twins game. My brother is really important to me, so I was really excited to ask him, too. When he gladly accepted, we had a full wedding party and planning was ready to go.


How did you ask your bridal party to stand for you? Did you send them a card? Call them? Ask them in person? How did you choose those who would stand for you?


No comments: