Sunday, October 30, 2011

{ Life } Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love decorating up the house and planning out my costume. For the last five years (I think!), my brother and I have thrown a Halloween party for our friends that are the highlight of my fall. I always look forward to Halloween baking, cooking, and playing dress up. This year was no different! I was especially excited for Halloween this year -- Last year Carl and I were driving across the country to start our new life together on the 31st! While I was sad to miss the celebrations, I was celebrating my own new favorite holiday -- the anniversary of Carl making the huge leap to move from New York to Minnesota. Halloween just got a little more special! Here are a few of the costumes from the parties over the years I've worn. You'll notice the pirate seems to come out whenever I just feel like wearing a costume! It's my fall back costume for everything!



2006 The first year of the pirate with my college 'roommates' - We all lived in singles, but pretty much together :)


2007, the pirate returns for a Halloween comedy club appearance

  

2007, my actual costume for the Halloween party -- Hermione Granger



2008, my dark literature side comes out -- I was Alex DeLarge from a Clockwork Orange


 2009, I was originally trying to be Penny from Dr. Horrible's Sing a Long Blog, but ended up being Snow White


2011, the pirate comes out for the Halloween party at work... 


But then I switched into my actual costume for the year -- Kaylee from Firefly.


Carl and me -- Jayne Cobb and Kaylee Frye (my first costume of the night)


Then I became a black cat...


And finally a blue wig because... why not? It's Halloween!

I morphed a lot last night, but it was a great party. I'm already thinking about a costume for next year... Perhaps a Raptor pilot from Battlestar Galactica? If so, I better start on the costume now...

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: