Wednesday, December 21, 2011

{ Attire } Dress Panic

Back on September 7th, I ordered my dress. I was told at the time that within 10 weeks, the dress would arrive. I was ecstatic that it would be so soon. This must be one of the perks of ordering early! This meant that the week of Thanksgiving, it should be here. My vendor said she would call with an official ship date and I excitedly hung up and started counting down.

A month passed. Another. Thanksgiving passed. And here we are, four days from Christmas, and I haven't heard a word from the shop.

I placed a called to them, asking them to call me back so I knew if it had shipped or if it had arrived and I missed a phone call. When I didn't hear back from them, I called again on Monday... Same message.

No call back.

I started to feel panic creep in. I ordered it. I put a down payment of half the price into the dress. It's a month later than they said it would arrive. They aren't calling me back...

What's going on?!

I know I have over 7 months until the wedding, so I'm not too worried, but a phone call back would be nice. Just a little hello to say "it's still on it's way!" or "whoops! forgot to order it!" I don't care... Just call me back and let me know. This is my wedding dress! I think any bride has the right to freak out a bit about this one!

So what do I do? Wait til after the holiday and try again? Call them again today? Storm into the store in a full Bridezilla rage? I don't want to bother them or anything, but man... some customer service would be nice... The lack of communication is really making me worry.

Did you ever have a non-responsive vendor? How did you deal with it?

No comments: