Thursday, August 18, 2011

{ Planning } Can You Be Just... Whelmed?

I love 10 Things I Hate About You, and so far the search for venues to even consider looking at feels little like... This:


Chastity: I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?
Bianca: I think you can in Europe.

My folks, Carl and I went on our first venue viewing on Tuesday. I've been stressing out majorly over venues, since everything seems so crazy expensive that I end up having a panic attack and avoiding my inbox filled with inquiry responses for a few days. I have a small list of a handful of places that really might work, but I'm keeping my eyes to the skies and my ear to the ground, just in case that perfect spot is still out there, hidden.

Someone once said "getting married is great... getting married in the Twin Cities sucks." Seems to be a true statement from what I can tell. Go 30 miles outside of the Twin Cites and you find awesome deals on places and beautiful locations. In the Cities? Overpriced, overpriced, overpriced.

UGH.

The fam, Carl and I went to Central Park in Woodbury. It's a cute little place, but immediately I was thinking about the fact that it's attached to a YMCA and a library. I've always had something more... private in mind. Not secluded, mind you, but not on display. Inside, the amphitheater is really nice and could be decorated really pretty. The rest of the place just felt... Community Center. The reception hall was oddly shaped, there wasn't a great spot for a dance (if you have a large group, like we will have), and it just felt lack-luster from what I had pictured in my head of "indoor garden". Also, all the views from outside included housing developments. That wouldn't make for great outdoor photos, now would it?

It wasn't what I expected, but that's why you go and look at places, right?

I guess it's on to the next few choices... We'll see what comes of those!

No comments: