Sunday, November 6, 2011

{ Planning } Readings, Part One

I know that planning our ceremony will be something Carl and I want to put a lot of thought into. As I come across readings that I feel touched by, I have been gathering them so that when the time to plan comes, we have plenty to work with. Among the readings that I have really enjoyed is the Apache Wedding Blessing.
"Now you will feel no rain
For each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold
For each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no loneliness for you
For each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons
But there is one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling place to enter into the days of your togetherness
And may your days be good and long upon the earth."
-Apache Wedding Blessing
I love this. I can see it being read by my oldest siblings together, stanza by stanza. Wouldn't that be magical?
Remind me later that I can't have a million readings... Or our ceremony will last until the sun sets!

Did you have trouble narrowing down your choices for wedding readings? How did you choose which made the cut?

No comments: