Sunday, November 27, 2011

{ Life } Thanksgiving


It’s a few days after Thanksgiving and I’m in a mood to reflect. This year, our family joined with my brother’s girlfriend’s family to have a big, warm meal together. The food was delicious and the company was entertaining. It couldn’t have been a nicer Thanksgiving day.

During dinner, my brother’s girlfriend asked us all to say what we were thankful for. This was something I thought that people only did in the movies, so immediately I panicked. I don’t do public speaking! What was she, crazy!?

Thankfully, I was the last to go and I had plenty of time to think. I decided to just say what I felt… and I almost got myself choked up.

This year, and every year… I am thankful for the love and support of my family. I know I can be a brat, moody, selfish, and even lazy… But they love me nonetheless. My family has been there for me when I didn’t deserve it and has stood by me in support no matter what. We aren’t the perfect family, but we are a darn good one. I’m so spoiled to have been raised by such kind, caring people.

I’m also thankful for Carl, naturally. This has been a whirlwind year and he’s been with me through it all. Even cranky nights (ugh, notice a pattern? I guess I’m a cranky pants!) after long days at work. I’m so thrilled to be marrying him, and planning our wedding together will continue to be a wonderful thing. He loves me, and I know it, despite my bad days and bad moods. He loves ME… and it feels good. Carl has a way of always making sure I know I’m special to him, even if I’m pissing him off (aah! Pattern!)

I want to be sure to be the same for him, because he means the world to me. Without him and without my family, I would be miserable. And probably cranky all the time, rather than some of the time!

I’m thankful for my friends, my job, and the roof over my head… I have a great life.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: