Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{ Attire } Dress Panic, Part Three

And this is how the dress saga ends.

I really wanted to be done with dealing with the bridal shop I bought my dress from, but I still needed to go and finish paying for my dress to take it home. After being told that I needed an appointment to come get my dress, I called to schedule a time. At this time I was told I didn’t actually need an appointment, I could just come in whenever, as long as my dress was paid for within 30 days of its arrival at the shop.

I love the communication. Just LOVE it.

I was on that end of town and swung in with my MOH and Mom to try on the dress and – because I wasn’t 100% trusting that they got the darn order right in the first place – make sure it was actually MY dress in MY size in MY color.

Thankfully it was. There was a really neat moment when I put my dress on, knowing this was the exact dress I would be walking down the aisle in. When I stepped out in my dress, Mom instantly went to tears. It was a really good feeling… I still loved my dress, I still thought it was the perfect one for me, and I was so excited to HAVE it!

After much pictures and commotion, we went to pay for the dress.

This is when the shoes were brought up. You know, the shoes that arrived, damaged, and the store sent them back for me. I hardly could believe she had remembered to take care of it – and apparently neither could she. When I asked if all the gems were in place, since it was missing a few before, she said, “Oh, I don’t know. I should probably check. I’m surprised I remembered to reorder them!”

Shocker. This is my shocked face. Notice how NOT shocked it is.

I bought the dress and the shoes. She told me they would be dyed ivory for me by the end of the week, but that I should call her to make sure they were done. Or maybe she’d call. But call to check, either way.

Waaaaaait, you weren’t going to tell me when they were done? I have to call you, yet again, because your version customer service is where the customer provides their own service?...

Two weeks later, no phone calls, I sent my MOH in to get the shoes. They were paid for, so all she needed to do was pick them up. She was in and out and thankfully they shoes were actually DONE. I was a little less than impressed with her dyeing skills, but such is life. They are just on my feet. I don’t need perfection.

So that’s that. I have the dress safe and sound at home and now that I have my shoes, I never have to go back to that shop again. Just that alone makes me a happy bride.

No comments: